Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Banaras, a mystic love story

Hi,

I am LC Singh. I am the writer of Banaras.


I am going to begin a blog on Banaras : A Mystic Love Story, the movie which seems to have touched many many souls of this planet.

Over the time I will be sharing with you various aspects of the movie; its genesis, making and learnings.

I sincerely invite all of you to make comments, put forth your questions which in all sincerity, to the best of my ability, I will try and answer.

With a lot of love and affection.

LC

4 Comments:

Blogger me2007 said...

one of the thousand things that intrigued me in the movie was how shweta and soham have diffrent modes of prayer ,while shweta prays in temples and ghats, soham is into meditation .
this is one delima that plagues me too, i dont believe in elaborate prayer routines , so it was one of the thousand things subtely pointed out in the movie

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:05:00 PM  
Blogger yourblogger said...

Hello,
I saw the movie and liked it very much. Names convey a lot about a person. The moment I heard Soham I knew, this is more than a movie.
Swetambari : the name says everything. Thanks for an original story Mr Singh.

You can visit my blog.
www.holikabhai.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger yourblogger said...

Hello,

Mr Singh

Thanks a lot for your response.
With this encouragement I am sure I will keep writing like this for long.I will surely watch Banaras again.

regards
yourblogger

Monday, May 01, 2006 8:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couple of weeks ago the DVD of BANARAS became available here in US. I loved the theme, the characters and the high quality of the movie making. Beautiful scenes of Banaras ghats were impressive. Every song is a gem. Two dialogues left impression on me: “DAR SE SAR JHUKANE KO ARADHANA NAHIN KAHTE” and "JO DIL KO ACHCHHA LAGE USKE LIYE TO JAAN BHI DENE KO MAN KARTA HAI" My kind of movie. Great job LC. Hats off to you.

Vijai Singh
Virginia, USA

Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home