Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Ulrich Mohrhoff, the quantum scientist and spiritualist, on Banaras

"Dear Mr. Singh,


Yesterday my wife Vishwajyoti and I watched your movie Banaras-a mystic love story. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised, for I am generally not a fan of Hindi movies. Unfortunately I missed much of the poetry in the songs and dialogues, which my wife tells me that the subtlety got lost in the translation to subtitles.

I am not a film critic, so please expect no expert comments.

I was touched by the story and believe in the ancient Indian wisdom that the movie was trying to recall. It is certainly not a movie that will appeal to the masses, but numbers don't count in these matters. Banaras has the potential to awaken a soul to higher realities, and if this happens to a few, it has achieved more than any of the blockbusters.

.......

Affectionately,
Ulrich"

Ulrich Mohrhoff
Location:Pondicherry, India
Teaches maths, physics, and quantum philosophy at the Sri Aurobindo International Centre of Education in Pondicherry.

His blog can visited at:
http://koantum.blogspot.com/2006/06/disentangling-entanglement.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, me a spiritualist? That will have some of my friends burst into laughter and some of my foes exult with glee. However, besides meaning "someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead" and "one who believes in direct intercourse with departed spirits, through the agency of persons commonly called mediums, by means of physical phenomena; one who attempts to maintain such intercourse; a spiritist", it also means "someone with a philosophy, doctrine, or religion emphasizing the spiritual aspect of being". I can live with that. All the best...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I completely agree with Mr. Ulrich's comment and am sure the momentum of "Banaras" awarness is picking up.
How long can anyone sleep ?

Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home