Banaras, A Mystic Love Story

Banaras is not a destination its a journey of our lives. If you go to watch this movie for a ready-made solution or only to "kill" two hours, you may get disappointed. Banaras is aimed to create a thirst for something one is generally uncomfortable to explore.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Manifestations of God



PiCture...Courtesy, Prem, Chicago

Today I was playing with my cat. The cat played for no other reason than for the play. It was totally involved while it played. It became the play. Its body, legs and the eyes were all in alert, as I was throwing the foam ball. It would every time intercept it in the mid air and deflect it back in my direction. I admired its knowledge of the rules of the game as it would not hit the ball second time irrespective of where the ball went. After hitting once it would assume the next turn to be mine.

I watched a flying insect that was carrying a piece of leaf, four times its size, and trying to enter a plastic cavity hanging from the roof in my balcony and attempting 20 times before succeeding. The insect’s persistence reminded me of “Krmanye Vadhikaraste...” from Gita and I smiled to myself that only humans have to be reminded of such common sense by no less than God, which insects know it all by them selves.

Then I saw a pair of very pretty little birds sitting two feet away from me and talking to each other. Later they both tried saying something to me. After a while, the two, carrying long portion of green leaves, again came and sat near me. I think, that, fed up with the recent rains, they were building a nest somewhere close by. I am not sure, but I think they were trying to seek some help from me…..I really do…

We live in a miraculous world but are so full of ourselves that we are unable to see the beauty in our lives and remain isolated from experiencing the presence of God.

People like Soham get connected to everything. They are never alone. They experience the beat of life in everything around them as they live a zillion lives in every alive moment transcending the boundary between life and death and experience the presence of God through his manifestations...

2 Comments:

Blogger yourblogger said...

Mr Singh,
Visiting your blog after a long time but it proved to be a good experience. I liked it very much.
rgds
yourblogger

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks your blogger.

I appreciate your feedback.
Like the film, I have sincerely tried to communicate what it has taken to make the film.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home